Our client is tasked with implementing selected product and technology upgrades to their Military Combat Vehicle Portfolio. As our client Senior Electromechanical Engineer, responsibilities will be :
- optimize the design of wiring harnesses/cable assemblies, electrical/electronics line-replaceable-unit(s), low/high voltage electrical power generation, distribution and management, electrical/electronic systems, subsystems and components.
- performs design and drafting of both electrical and mechanical aspects of electronic equipment.
- Lays out printed circuit boards; designs wiring harnesses; performs layout drawing and checking of schematic diagrams as supplied in rough form; makes wiring diagrams from schematic diagrams (vice-versa).
- completes overall chassis and housing design/drafting, including overall system packaging. Designs front panels, chassis, brackets, card cages.
- Selects components such as connectors, terminals strips, switches, relays, electromechanical components, etc...
- Produces schematic diagrams and/or CAD drawings for submission to customers, plant, operations or outside vendors to produce the specified wiring harnesses, printed circuit cards, mechanical support to batteries, LRU and generating elements specified to assemble a complete electronic device.
- Output must be able to be entered directly into data management configuration control.
- Completes designs from beginning to end: including concept development, review, detailed design, documentation, verification and validation of simple subsystems.
- May control cost and schedule at Cost Account level.
- Provides technical expertise to projects based on depth of design experience and product knowledge.
- Creates designs that will meet performance requirements, often through motivation of others.
- May act independently in technical area of discipline based on general direction.
- Develops subsystem level design requirements and formulates Statements of Work that satisfy design and project constraints.
- Coordinates with various technical and support departments to assure that designs meet standards and performance requirements.
- Plans and runs small design projects to execute complex design tasks spanning several focus areas at sub-system integration levels.
- Participates in technical training activities of junior personnel.
- Plans future requirements for manpower, equipment, or facilities.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Ability to create and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to apply EE concepts and formulas at the subsystem level.
- Ability to independently design, test, integrate, and document designs to a simple subsystem level based on provided requirements.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot existing released vehicle subsystems. Ability to independently support customers (manufacturing and field) with vehicle and box level problems.
- Expert knowledge of Creo Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) Software drafting/modeling and design techniques.
- Good planning, time management and organization skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain concepts to personnel unacquainted with the field of expertise.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to make presentations to department managers and staff.
- Ability to train less experienced staff.
- Four (4) years' experience with BS or 1 year experience with MS degree
- BS or MS in Electromechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent engineering degree/experience
The preferred location is York, PA but candidates for other sites San Jose, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Sterling Heights, MI and Phoenix, AZ