Our client, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring multiple Mechanical Engineers for our Structures Design team. The Combat Vehicles Structure Design Engineer is responsible for designing and coordinating engineering aspects associated with the vehicle chassis and turret structures. Structure Design products include the vehicle hull structures and all structural interfaces (i.e. machining, mounting provisions, welded on brackets, and stiffeners), doors, hatches, access panels, lifting/towing/tie-down provisions, and intake/exhaust grilles. The structures engineer will work with system integrated product team members (IPT's) to document and integrate their mechanical interfaces (mounting provisions) onto the vehicle structure. The structures engineer will at all times promote and maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety rules of the company.
In addition, the structures engineer:
- Provides Engineering Production Support (EPS) for transition of new design to production and resolving issues encountered in the build process.
- Investigates root-cause analysis of design issues arising during production and develops the associated change documentation to resolve design issue.
- Works closely with a team of design engineers and other specialty engineers to resolve design issues that span such areas as structures, ballistics, mechanical, and logistics.
- Prepares presentations and variance documentation in response to production issues to support vehicle sales.
- May require daily periods of on-floor support, walking between many locations throughout the day, and climbing in/on the vehicles to assess.
- Perform Trade Studies or Tolerance Stack Analyses in design or investigation support.
- Participate in formal technical reviews and present.
- Must be experienced using CREO or SolidWorks
- Must be organized and have excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter that takes ownership of tasks and drives them to completion
- Good engineering analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree (e.g. Aerospace) and 2+ years of engineering work experience
- We are not looking for Engineers that have only focused on CAD design type of work. We are looking for more well rounded engineering experiences.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering