The primary function of an Mechanical technician at Protobuild is to, build, update, test, repair, modify, and document the installation of components, including chassis and cab wiring, axles, engines, transmissions, cabs, chassis, and electrical systems. The expectation is that the potential candidate will have the adequate skills to be able to perform mechanical/component updates, while documenting the process in order to support the rest of the team.
• Perform mechanical and electrical system updates on the client's PVE test vehicles (Class 5-8). Including but not limited to; ground up builds, vehicles updates, and C-Sample plant builds.
• Working with other technicians and engineers to solve build related issues and document them.
• Document all build related updates with the DAVE Tool and all build related issues within Issue Tracker to insure a quality handoff to customer.
• Record issues associated with vehicle electrical system hardware. Relay information to EE tech, and update required hardware.
• Participate in shop huddles and meetings as required.
• Insure all vehicles are safe to operate, and the shop safety is #1 priority.
• Adhere to all shop practices regarding build differences (functional/RG/Shaker)
• Ability to learn new skills in order to better one-self and the Proto team as a whole (Painting, Welding, Fabricating, Etc.)
• Minimum 1 years of experience in mechanical, maintenance, and servicing of commercial vehicles is required.
• Trade School Certification in Automotive or Diesel Technology is preferred but not required.
• Solid understanding and familiarity with commercial vehicle repair & service with emphasis on, Drive Train, Cab, Chassis.
• Experience in commercial vehicle testing is highly desired, but not a must.
• Working knowledge of Heavy Duty & Medium Duty Detroit and Cummins engines are highly desired.
• Potential candidate must be well organized, extremely detail oriented, and be able to work independently and in a team setting.
• CDL preferred but not required
• Has to be capable of working efficiently while under pressure, and of learning in a shop setting (hands-on)
Local candidates, will be onsite