RN ICU/CCU (Crisis Pay)
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: perm contingent (full time)
- An ICU nurse has the responsibility to handle patients with life-threatening illnesses. Your job consists of working in intensive care units and emergency departments at healthcare facilities. These individuals ensure the proper care of patients and their families. Critical care nurses are advocates for ill patients and family members. They provide specialized experience, knowledge, and skills that their patients need. You may have to work in environments where patients receive intense interventions and therapies, and complex assessments, and they must offer humane care for their patients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE ICU REGISTERED NURSE:
- Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of clients using suitable assessment tools underpinned by evidence-based knowledge.
- Contributes to care planning, involving clients, and demonstrates an understanding of clients’ rights to make informed decisions.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining own professional development, including mandatory organizational requirements, updating knowledge to reflect best practice, and sharing knowledge with others.
- Provides nursing care according to plan and undertakes clinical practice procedures and skills in a competent and safe way.
- Able to discuss ethical issues related to the area of practice with clients/families and the health care team.
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent And Degree from an Accredited Nursing Program
- Active California State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current CPR/ ACLS (issued by American Heart Association)