MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced WI- Application Analyst Senior/ ServiceNow Developer for a client which is 100% Remote role. Our client is a well-known and highly respected health care company seeking bright, tech-savvy talent. Join a strong, innovative, and growing team with impressive employee perks.
Primary Purpose: Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. Performs and leads tests of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Responsible to guide and advise subject matter experts, team members, and end-users through analysis, definition, verification, and validation to ultimately ensure that the evolving application meets the business and clinical needs.
****This is for our ServiceNow application. Candidates should have a strong background in ServiceNow as a ServiceNow developer.
The Developer role assists with building out various functionalities within ServiceNow to help us achieve great efficiencies through automation.
We need someone who has a strong background in CMDB/Asset Management, but also overall background with the various modules in ServiceNow, such as the ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, Demand, and PPM.
- Develops technical and/or non-technical solutions to moderate to complex business needs and changes by gathering, compiling and reviewing information and data, examining and evaluating existing systems and procedures, identifying alternate courses of action, developing tools and/or improvements using existing software packages and coordinating the development and implementation of new functionality and new applications with user and Information Technology staff.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Performs and assist other team members in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance functions. Resource for assigned application(s). Support and troubleshoot as needed. Respond to user calls as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with users addressing certain aspects of complex project requirements such as specifications definition/review, impact monitoring, user updates, training, needs definition and related support; effectively explain the functioning of the application software and related systems to the users. Communicates and interact with business and technical teams on problems, changes, and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and/or functionality.
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possess expertise in the clinical service lines business unit plus an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between clinical service lines, business units and IT from initial requirements to solutions.
- Serves as an experienced Information Technology advisor providing users a better understanding of computer software capabilities and limitations. Evaluates vendor offerings, software enhancements/review for adherence to technical standards, facilitate development, implementation and maintenance tasks, and maintain the integrity of programs and data.
- Analyzes business and clinical service line operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. May make recommendations for buy vs. build decisions and do feasibility studies.
- Prepares project plans, which includes definition, scope, resources and schedules; prepares a detailed project timeline and budget estimate and completes programs and projects within established budget and deadlines.
- Coordinates of all aspects of assigned system development, implementation, operation and maintenance; including application design, development, testing and documentation, development tool, network and operating system maintenance and system performance monitoring. Works to assure maximum system availability and data integrity. Coordinates the development of reports, queries, forms and screens to meet process and information needs of users.
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification Required: None Required.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in working on moderate to complex business process mapping, analysis, defining business and user requirements, acceptance testing and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Proficient in using applications, operating systems and databases to include the hardware, platform, connectivity, and interface design.
- Proficient at specifying user requirements, interacting with technical, health care staff and vendors, and documenting user needs, outcomes and procedures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to use project management software.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision, to balance multiple tasks, be detail oriented, set priorities and instruct and guide team members.
- Organizational and analytical skills. Strong ability for technical problem solving, logical and organized thinking. Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively handle customer contacts. Ability to work closely with health care application users, vendors, and technical professionals.
- Proficient in translating user requirements into system specifications. Understanding of change management practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical components and how they relate to applications.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit up to 80% of each workday.
- Must be able to perform fine hand manipulation when using computer keyboard.
- Must have ability to perform a considerable amount of work related travel (approximately 40% of time) and therefore may be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Exposed to normal office environment.
- Must operate all equipment necessary to perform the duties of the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
About MARS Solutions Group: MARS Solutions Group is a contingent staffing firm with access to a wide variety of jobs at various clients across the country. We operate with the consultant's best interests in mind and align them with roles that match their skills, aspirations, and interests. MARS values our relationships with consultants. Therefore, we will stay in touch throughout the duration of the contract to ensure the job is going well and that the role meets their career development needs.