Storeroom Attendant is an individual contributor positioned within a customer’s location to fulfil daily receiving, stocking, issuing, and cycle counting of customer and/or Vallen inventory. They are responsible for maintaining a professional, clean and organized work environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Unloads, receives and puts away incoming product, goods, tools and/or equipment; unpacks bales, crates, and other containers; checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
• Accurately sorts, labels, moves and stores items; places material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, style, or product codes; arranges storage to optimize crib space.
• Issues product, goods, tools and/or equipment to site employees; documents and maintains accurate records for issued and returned items.
• Enters data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock records; retrieves stored information to respond to inquiries (e.g., inventory levels or delivery schedules.); documents discrepancies on an error log and seeks management advice on appropriate corrective action.
• Requests requisitions to replenish inventory.
• Assists with inventory level maintenance; performs cycle counts and prepares report results
• Inspects and measures tools/equipment for defects, wear and tear and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
• Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of supplies and equipment.
• Delivers tools or equipment to associate work locations.
• Investigates and locates lost or misplaced equipment or safety supplies.
• May repairs, services and lubricates tools and equipment as required.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
Job Qualifications:High school diploma or equivalent coupled with 3+ months relevant experience and/or training.Relevant experience and/or aptitude should include:• Loading, unloading, picking, packing or moving goods in a warehouse environment; forklift / cherry picker experience preferred.• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work orders, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.• Basic computer knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated technical aptitude to learn; preferred technical skills to include but not limited to MS-Office products, Vista, Control, SX.e, Prophet 21.• Demonstration of basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units to measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals); ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent preferred.• Strong communication and customer service skills.• Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated to accomplish assigned tasks and goals.• Demonstration of attention to detail and is safety minded.• Must be able to handle and work physical inventory; required to lift up to 25 lbs or greater with assistance following standard operating and safety procedures. Other physical requirements including, regularly being required to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.