Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-encompassing:
- Apply actuarial principles in leading value-based contracting efforts, including new deal underwriting and annual financial reconciliations.
- Lead the development and delivery of executive presentations analyzing program performance, new value-based care contracting opportunities, and industry trends.
- Provide ongoing actuarial consultation and problem-solving support to internal stakeholders, includingContracting, IKC Operations, Government Policy, and Corporate Strategy teams.
- Manage special projects, working across the commercial integrated care analytics team to develop enterprise actuarial capabilities to manage risk.
- Guide analysts in the development of new metrics and benchmarks in pursuit of leveraging data as a strategic asset.
- Interact with peers across the industry to form innovative, transformative partnerships.
- Grow, mentor, and develop others, leveraging our collective talent to achieve our Mission ‘To Be the Provider, Partner and Employer of Choice’.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics and competencies:
- Facilitates the completion of team and departmental goals by using appropriate methods and behavior to help build a cohesive team
- Builds trusting relationships by adjusting own behavior to relate to and connect with others
- Clearly conveys and actively listens to information when connecting with direct reports, peers, upper management or external business partners.
- Displays sound actuarial judgment and decision making
- Drives for results by setting and achieving high goals for personal and team accomplishment
- Leads via Mission and Core Values
- Complies with laws and regulations, as well as policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct because it is ethical and the right thing to do.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Minimum three years of actuarial experience, preferably within the health care or health insurance industries
What You Can Expect
- A ‘community first, company second’ culture based on Core Values we live everyday
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contribution
- A comprehensive benefits package design to enhance your health, your financial well-being, and your future
- Dedication, above, all, to caring for our patients, suffering from kidney failure and other chronic diseases
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through online training platform StarLearning.