Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Need for General Laborers to work at the Baltimore County Mass Vaccination Sites and/or supply warehouses
This position will require a degree of physical fitness—the ability to stand and work outside or inside on concrete/hard floors for up to 8 hours; lift, carry and push cases, workboxes, pallet jacks, and hand trucks; some personnel may be re-assigned to supply warehouses to operate electric jacks and forklifts. In addition, this position will require a strong, public-facing presence and candidates must have outstanding customer service skills.
Staff MUST BE FIT TESTED and watch Safety Videos prior to starting. See instructions for Fit Testing
Work Schedule will vary day to day and clinics are not set for each day:
Hours can vary between 7:30 am until 8:00 pm – Sunday through Saturday – Overtime is NOT allowed.
Job Description and Examples of Essential Duties:
• Capable of operating a golf cart to assist with transporting residents to and from the parking lot to the building.
• Assist patients in wheelchairs/safely push wheelchairs through the site.
• Clean and wipe down chairs in between uses.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, hand-trucks, and if needed, forklifts.
• Experience taping down cables and spiking floors with gaff tape.
• Experience working in a high-noise, high-stimuli environment.
• Able to stand and walk on concrete/hard flooring for an 8-hour day; push, pull and load road cases as needed.
• Able to work outside in all weather and climates.
• Present a professional appearance and demeanor and adhere to all County policies and procedures.
• Follow an established Chain-of-Command, in which County staff are in charge of all personnel on-site.
• Forklift and electric jack license a plus if staff is assigned to a supply warehouse.
• Warehouse duties as needed.
Approximate Length of Assignment:
Staffing will be needed for approximately three (3) months, possibly longer
Schedule: up to 40 hours per week, days and hours can vary
At this time, there are three Points of Dispensing (PODs) in operation in Baltimore County. One site is in operation four to six days a week; two other smaller sites are in operation 1 day a week however this may increase with vaccine quantities and availability.
• Timonium/MD State Fairgrounds Cow Palace:
• Randallstown Community Center:
• Essex-- Community College of Baltimore County:
• Additional sites as needed