our client in Harriman, NY is looking for 2nd Shift Material Handler
Material Handler Production
- Perform all necessary labor duties to support compounding/packaging of manufacturing products for preparation of shipment as applicable.
- Perform all labor duties necessary to assist compounders with the production of products.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions applicable to the handling, measurements, etc. of various chemical ingredients and products.
- Required to comprehend and apply automated material management practices with accuracy (e.g., SAP program)
- Operate powered industrial trucks (PIT’s) to support production as per needed material requirements, company policies, training, and manufacturer's instructions.
- Operate production machinery and equipment (e.g., conveyers, forklifts, etc.) in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate self-leadership in learning and consistently applying company safety policies, practices and procedures in a manner that prevents injuries and other operational losses.
- Work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Direction for work related activities will be given by verbal and written instructions.
- Will be required to demonstrate initiative for performing various job tasks on an as-needed basis 30-70% of the time, without specific directions (after learning how to perform the job tasks and when they should be done).Work under direct supervision on an infrequent basis.
- Ensure all processes and procedures related to inventory management are maintained and followed under the guidelines of Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P’s) and client procedures and guidelines. Includes but not limited to inventory movements related to production regarding quantities consumed, and proper storage.
- General plant housekeeping.
2nd shift is Monday through Thursday 3:00 pm to 1:30 AM, do not work on Fridays.
Educational Qualifications: None required. Must be able to read, write and speak English on a level needed to interact with other employees, as needed in the performance of work duties.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Able to perform basic math calculations, with use of a calculator.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Computer knowledge is essential.
- Experience using hand-held scanners is a plus.