We are in search of a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
Mechanical Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop detailed multi-station cold forming tooling.
- Design & implementation of developed tooling.
- Hands on with operators on the production floor.
- Evaluate the rough draft design and decipher all specifications.
- Utilize our state-of-the-art simulation software.
- Drawings to be prepared according to the standards and terms of the company.
- Maintain drawings in order to improve department efficiencies.
- Working on projects or assignments in a team or group environment.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production issues.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure designs are completed according to established timelines.
- Responsible for maintaining the production job board.
- Responsible for daily receiving / inspection of incoming tooling.
Mechanical Engineer skills and specifications
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, 2D and 3D design software.
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to be highly innovative and creative.
- Skills in time and project management.
- Display a high level of attention to detail, along with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
Mechanical Engineer education and qualification
- Minimum 3-5 years experience.
- Cold Heading Experience preferred but not required.