Exciting DIRECT HIRE opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an established and encouraging team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to enhance their skills and experience while working with in a positive and coaching environment. Affordable health benefits, great work environment, and advancement opportunities.
Work Schedule- Monday-Friday 5:00am-1:45pm open to OVT in peak season on weekdays and Saturdays.
Hourly Wage- $14.00 to $16.00 depending on experience.
Material Handler is responsible for moving, loading,and unloading material under immediate supervision in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. This role ensures that the company is able to meet quality, safety, and productivity standards and satisfy customer requirements.
- Performing duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Company Code of Conduct requirements.
- Utilizing hand trucks, hoists, and other material handling equipment to move materials and products as needed for production, shipping, or waste management.
- Operating hand tools including electrical and pneumatic powered tools.
- Constructing shipping containers, preparing product for shipment, and crating and/or banding products as required.
- Inspecting product to insure conformance to quality, engineering, and customer requirements.
- Completing and maintaining accurate electronic processes and paperwork including checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding, and shipping/receiving systems.
- Maintaining departmental housekeeping and 5S standards.
Required Skills, Experience, Education & Certifications-
- GED or High School Diploma preferred
- Basic Math and reading comprehension skills
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English
- Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required material handling equipment.
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of the work day
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs alone and over 50lbs with assistance
- Must be able to climb and balance
- Must be able to use hands to reach, handle, and.or feel
- Must have manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
- Must be able to visually inspect products
- Must be able to work in a non-controlled environment
- Must be able to wear all required protective equipment