Job Title: Systems & Validation Engineer
Location: Minneapolis – Shoreview location
Job Type: 12+Months Contract / Full Time
- Requirements management Tools knowledge: Jira, Integrity, MS TFS, Doors. Communication Protocols knowledge: RS232, RS485, CAN, Modbus Software language understanding: Java, scripting (Python), DevOps tools Domain: Automotive + Telematics (with AWS IOT understanding)
- Feature Design
- Requirement gathering
- Analysis of functional and non functional requirements and work with all the stake holders
- Technical documentation (use cases, high level design documents, low level design documents, system level design documents)
- Between team (onshore and offshore teams)
- With off-train teams for dependencies
- Systems support to team
- Bridge the gap
- Field Issues/Field Support
- Raised by Production support team
- Raised by distributers/dealers directly
- Test Analysis/Approach
- Test Scenarios/Planning
- Testing Setup
- Testing Execution
- Automated testing – Automated test stand experience
Fundamentals of Controls Engineering:
- Understanding of HMI’s, Communication networks and protocols
- Knowledge of various hardware and software used in the control of manufacturing process and equipment’s
- Understanding of the control systems with electrical sources, sensors, actuators and various loop control technologies
- Problem solving techniques
- Communicates effectively (Very important due to global nature of role)
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Complete Ownership of the work assigned
- Similar industry experience - Automotive/Power Gen
- Customer support experience - diplomatic but honest/direct
- Communication protocols understanding – Serial Protocols (RS485, RS232, CAN), Modbus.
- Cloud experience/Mobile/Web App
- Gathering business requirements, Performing requirements analysis and documentation.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Modifications to existing functions initiated by Problem Report/Change Request (PRCR) and maintaining product compatibility.
- Work on to identify the requirement of creating the various Proof of Concepts (POC) for the infrastructure and engineering tools