Provides senior level mechanical experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of stationary plant equipment, vehicle, and heavy automotive equipment.
1. Diagnosis equipment failures to determine cause and ensure appropriate repair by the mechanics.
2. Inspects and tests completed work to ensure repairs were performed according to standards.
3. Orders parts needed for repairs, maintains records of purchases and installations according to established procedures.
4. Demonstrates proper work methods and safety procedures to other mechanics and helpers to ensure that work is performed in a proper and safe manner and to assist with complex repairs.
5. Performs carpentry, plumbing, fabrication and welding activities to ensure proper operation of equipment, gates, fences, overhead doors, ladders or vents.
6. Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
Essential Functions Depending Upon Assignment
7. Performs preventive maintenance and checks plant facilities and equipment, including city vehicles, to ensure safe operational condition of all vehicles.
8.. Inspect and executes repair, replacement, fabrication, modification, and installation of various types of plant equipment, including pumps, valves, chemical handling equipment, and all other related equipment in a timely manner to allow continuous operation of plant facilities when equipment malfunctions occur.
9. Perform major and minor repairs on a variety of machinery and mechanical equipment, including air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment, in compliance with operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications to ensure equipment operates properly.
10. Change belts, oil, filters, greases bearings, clean, lubricates or replaces parts on various mechanical and electrical equipment. Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment.
11. Serves as lead worker over lower level mechanics.
12. Maintains stock of tools, supplies and parts by ordering stock as needed and stocking parts room to ensure that supplies and parts are available.
13. Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.