AIT Mechanical Integration Technician
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 1 Year contract/ contract to hire
US Citizen only
We are currently looking for an experienced AIT Mechanical Integration Technician to fill an opening with our client company located in Palo Alto, CA.
Responsibilities for AIT Mechanical Integration Technician
- Mechanical assembly and test of communications satellites and ground support equipment
- Assist Mechanical Vehicle Engineers (MVE's) in the development of assembly & test processes- methods, sequences, assembly aids and test setups.
- Assembly & installation of active & passive "flight" components per engineering drawings, specifications & procedures - structural parts & assemblies, RF waveguides, electronic boxes, coax cables, harnesses, antennas & thermal blankets
- Maintain paperwork- ASIs, rework shop orders, component installation logs, mate demate logs, task logs
- Spacecraft handling
- Assembly & checkout of ground support equipment
- Knowledge of test equipment set up and support
Requirements for AIT Mechanical Integration Technician
- 5 – 7 Years related work experience.
- Able to interpret engineering assembly drawings and work procedures, standards, and shop orders.
- Able to perform spacecraft integration in a clean room environment. Operate forklift, cranes, man lifts, tugs, and handling equipment.
- Strength and flexibility to work on ladders up to 18 feet high, platforms and man lifts up to 40 feet high. Able to work in confined spaces such as spacecraft interior, thermal vacuum and acoustic chamber. Must be able to lift 50lbs with physical and lifting tools assistance. Must be able to work laying flat on their ches on an extended platform for most of the shift.
- Become certified in ESD awareness, Contamination Control, Flight Hardware Handling, DC Connector Mate/Demate, Adhesive Bonding, Thermal Compound Bonding, and Component Torqueing. Must be able to understand and adhere to safety requirements i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, ear protection, fall protection, and other requirements.
- Provide guidance and training to junior personnel.
- Accommodate shift work. Some mandatory overtime is required.