Position: Warehouse Worker
Location: Smyrna TN 37167
Duration: 2+ Months (Possibility of Extension)
Time Period: Mon-Fri, 7:00am-3:30pm
Client’s Warehouse Workers are individual contributors responsible for executing warehousing activities for incoming and outgoing goods. Warehouse Workers receive, handle, store, record, and dispatch goods in the warehouse. Ensures various warehousing operations including packing and storage, replenishment, picking, loading and dispatching are executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Maintains complete and accurate data in the ERP (SxE) system.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Completes shipments by processing and loading orders; reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Unloads, receives and puts away incoming goods and merchandise; unpacks bales, crates, and other containers; checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices; may install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit from truck to warehouse and/or shelving.
- Accurately sorts, labels, moves and stores goods and merchandise; places material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, style, or product codes; arranges storage to optimize warehouse space; reads work orders or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Prepares, picks, packs, and dispatches outgoing goods and merchandise according to written or verbal requests or work orders; uses pick sheets in various formats (paper or electronic) to locate items within the warehouse; removes products from warehouse shelves and places products on pallets, with a pallet jack or forklift, following stacking policies to prevent product damage; verifies product and quantity accuracy.
- Loads trucks for customer delivery; may install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit; checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and shipping work order.
- Consolidates freight for shipping as appropriate; verifies shipping method; appropriately handles and communicates oversize loads to freight carriers; ensures shipping routes are maintained.
- Enters data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock records; retrieves stored information to respond to inquiries (e.g., inventory levels or delivery schedules.); documents discrepancies on an error log and seeks management advice on appropriate corrective action.
- Complies tickets or worksheets from customer specifications.
- Operates warehouse equipment as needed to complete tasks (e.g., forklifts, cherry-picking lifts, pallet jacks, or other warehouse machinery).
- Assists in inventory level maintenance and inventory counts.
- Responsible for following warehouse safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent coupled with 1 year of relevant experience and/or training. Relevant experience and/or aptitude should include:
- Demonstration of attention to detail, safety minded.
- Loading, unloading, picking, packing, or moving goods in a warehouse environment; forklift / cherry picker experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work orders, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated technical aptitude to learn; preferred technical skills to include but not limited to MS-Office products, Vista, Control, SX.e, Prophet 21.
- Demonstration of basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units to measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals); ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent preferred.• Ability to compile routine reports and write correspondence.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated to accomplish assigned tasks and goals.