Title: Molecular Cytogenetic Product Analyst
Duration: Full Time
Do you have a passion and background in Molecular Cytogenetics? Are you interested in enhancing workflows and software tools used in cytogenetics? Are you interested in making healthcare smarter and patients safer?
As an important member of our Product Management team, you will use your experience in Molecular Cytogenetics and Molecular lab operations, to help develop and commercialize our molecular product lines. This position has a variety of duties and responsibilities focused on the analysis and design of workflows for a variety of molecular technology products. If you have a background working in a molecular lab, experience related to laboratory software applications, a degree in life science or IT and are interested in enhancing the future of lab technology, this role is for you. We are looking for a unique individual with the combination of Molecular Cytogenetics experience, combined with software development process knowledge. If you think this may be a position for you, read on.
- Support Product Managers as a subject matter expert on specified software products tied to Molecular Cytogenetics providing guidance to stakeholders and creating a shared understanding among business and technical teams.
- Work with customers and lab teams to understand end-to-end production workflows including lab processes, relevant software applications and instrument integration
- Gather end user requirements, develop customer stories, conduct focus groups, and perform other analysis tasks in support of product management
- Work with the Product Manager to translate customer needs into clearly written product requirements and specifications
- Be part of a team to produce variety of tools including flow diagrams, data models, pros/cons, prototypes, wireframes, and other illustrations. May be required to lead small interdepartmental meetings or teams.
- Incorporate a focus on quality into product design, and work closely with development and software quality assurance teams on product and process improvements
- Develop strong hands-on technical knowledge of software products and be able to aid in tasks ranging from configuration to testing and support
- Work with others in the product management team to develop test cases used to test software
- Develop or refine procedural and process guidelines in support of product management
- All other duties as assigned
Skills needed to be successful
- Deep experience using and developing procedural guidelines
- Ability to quickly prioritize workload and staffing demands
- Experience with workflow mapping and requirement writing for software teams
- Problem solving skills and ability
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience with software configuration/installation; proven track record of successful software releases assisting with validation, user training, post-release issue definition and resolution within our outside a laboratory environment.
- Organizes own workload and works closely with leadership to ensure workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines.
- Use technical tools (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in molecular biology or closely related field
- 5 years’ experience working in molecular lab preferably as lab technologist
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Experienced using one or more of the following molecular instruments, ABI 3500, Quant Studios, Roche Cobas, Qubit, Nanodrop, Cytovision- Leica, Cytoflex/ Cytoflex S, Aquois CL, Navios EX, ZE5 Cell Analyzer, Se3 Cell Sorter
Preferred Experience & Education
- Master’s degree in business, biology, or other life science
- 7-10 years software life cycle experience
- Experience with client Products
- Knowledge of instrument interfacing protocols and messaging such as HL7, ASTM, Web Services, etc.
- Knowledge or certification as an Agile Product Owner or Manager
- Understanding of database design and SQL queries
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
No direct supervisory responsibilities.