Job Title: Administrative Assistant – 9276
Duration: 2 months
Hours: 8am to 5pm
Work environment: Office setting
This role is responsible for administrative duties in the domains of office management, inventory management, payroll, compliance/policy, environmental health & safety and new hire orientation.
35% Office management & administrative
• Manage local office/IT equipment, building access/security, uniform programs, documentation in accordance to RIM, etc.
• Coordinate facility events including recognition and community involvement activities
• Manage inventory of office supply closet, purchasing supplies as needed
• Conduct Intellectual property (IP) walk-throughs
• Act as key contact for accounts payable team on vendor set up/vendor payables escalations
• Prepare operation reports e.g. energy reports, daily production reports, month end reports, MANIS reports, and process reports, PO control tower, model elevator, etc.
35% Inventory Management
• Manage information in ERP system e.g. SAP processing of MRBR (non MRO), service entry sheets & GRIR
• Responsible for inventory control and month end activities e.g. unload and shipment reconciliation, Compuweigh reconciliation, take monthly inventory and meter readings, JV/Ethanol ticket corrections, etc.
• Monitor inventory movements in Lynx i.e. loads, unloads, transfers, etc.
5% Payroll Administration
• Review employee timecards and enter updates as needed e.g. missed punches, non-worked time, labor account and work rule transfers, other transfers/doubles/meal pay/holidays, etc.
• Request local timecard assignments for employees e.g. badge, payrules, schedules, etc.
• Track employees’ hours on spreadsheet if timecard is not available
• Process payroll reports and calculate earnings as needed e.g. vacation, union dues, etc.
• Track and report non-cash earnings
5% Policy, Compliance, etc.
• Maintain personnel records in accordance with company policy and retention schedules ensuring confidentiality
• Complete and maintain I-9 employment verification documents for employees (US Only)
• Display legislative & Cargill posters for employees’ visibility at location
10% Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
• Develop and create safety reports e.g. Enablon/RCI reports, OSHA 300 Log reports (U.S. only), training schedule/compliance, etc.
• Monitor and record monthly safety activities e.g. LifeSaver Fieldchecks, SIF Focused Plant Inspections, Employee Safety participation, resource efficiency (as required), etc.
• Maintain data for Safety Management system including employee records, training docs, incident investigations, facility audits
• Order and stock safety equipment e.g. PPE, uniforms, safety equipment, etc.
• Provide support to EHS coordinator as directed e.g. ensuring completion of temporary and contractor safety paperwork/training and supporting annual safety environmental audit
• Track and record drivers and vehicle training as needed
5% New Hire Onboarding
• Assist with new hire paperwork and set up e.g. system access, workstation, uniform, w4 entry etc.
• Ensure new hire attendance at orientation (in-person or virtual) and respond to questions as needed
•Provide supplementary onboarding support/ materials e.g. facility map, safety information, etc.
• Act as back-up for other BOSC Admins
• Project work as assigned
• Location/regional work as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 5 years experience working in an office/plant environment and accounting/clerical duties.
• Intermediate level or above in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
• Time management skills.
• Prioritize tasks and have good follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
• General business knowledge/acumen specifically in areas of HR and Finance
• Previous experience with EHS systems
• Plant manufacturing experience
• Inventory system knowledge
• Payable and procurement experience
• Experience working in ERP system (example: SAP)
Drug test with expanded opiates