Leader in environmental, energy and infrastructure asset management solutions for government and industrial clients. We specialize in providing fully integrated public-private partnerships (P3) solutions that include financing, procurement, planning, permitting, engineering, design, construction, and operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Join our team as a project engineer on federal, state, and local government site civil design projects. Your experience and leadership will drive project delivery excellence working with a talented team of engineers and technicians. You will deploy all skillsets including site development, grading, paving, utility infrastructure, and/or drainage projects, and AutoCAD Civil 3D, as well as design principles providing creative solutions to unique sites and civic challenges. The projects that a Civil Engineer may be assigned to may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. This role also leads the analysis of proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
- Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Independently resolves complex engineering problems.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work.
- Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with Federal, State, City, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
- Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
- Function independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment to successfully achieve group goals
- Meet quality control/quality assurance requirements relevant project management framework
- Travel: 10 % of the Time
· Familiarity with plan approval and permitting throughout southeast US
- Familiarity with Federal DoD contractual procedures and practices and execution of delivery order or MSA type contracts
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Public and Private sector clients and projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Experience with NC site/civil project related permitting procedures and regulations
- Experience in engineering design, construction inspection, contract administration, and project management
- Ability to prepare grading, utility, and roadway plans
- Ability to prepare calculations for storm drain, water systems, and develop earth quantities balancing a site
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies
- Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere
- Have in-depth knowledge of critical issues and lessons learned to mitigate errors and maintain project efficiencies
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with existing clients and establish trust / credibility
- Ability to travel as necessary to satisfy job requirements
- Relocation to Raleigh for job is supported by us pending meeting job qualifications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar accredited engineering degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in NC
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.