Position: Guidewire QA lead
Location: Erie, PA
Duration: Long Term
Property & Casualty, Claim Centre, Billing Centre, LinkedIn, QA, Lead EXP Must
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Hands-on experience, working knowledge and strong technical skills in the following technologies:
· Strong working knowledge of Guidewire Centers.
· Two or more years' experience in Automation tools like selenium, Ranorex.
· Proficiency in designing, implementing and supporting Test Automation scripts.
· SOAP/Restful Web Services, XML and XSD.
· Database technologies such as SQL.
· Knowledge on Rate books testing and Forms testing is a plus.
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e. Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science) preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Minimum of Eight years of Quality Assurance experience or Eight years of related experience (designing, developing and implementing automation scripts development, working on project teams that include Business Systems Analysts, Developers and business users) required.
· Insurance or Financial experience preferred.
· Guidewire insurance suite behavior testing, and tools experience preferred.
· Cloud migration testing experience is a plus.
· GW Basic certification is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strong knowledge on Guidewire PC/BC/CC and Customer engages products associated with good analytical skills.
· Must have domain knowledge of P&C PL and CL lines of business. Experience with enterprise data management, Billing accounting, and Claims operations a plus.
· Review all requirements and design documentation to create effective test plan(s) and test cases to be completed.
· Provide estimates of the amount of testing time required for each user story.
· Participate in agile team ceremonies including daily standups, backlog refinements, product reviews and retrospectives.
· Work with client-side SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to validate the functionality and classify and prioritize the test cases based on business need.
· Lead defect review meetings with Business System Analysts (BSAs) and Application Developers.
· Collaborate with BSAs and Application Developers to resolve issues/errors discovered while testing.
· Provide QA approval for all user stories before proceeding with user testing.
· Perform impact analysis for proposed changes and/or incidents impacting systems and/or business processes and support identification of interim procedures if required.
· Coordinate with BSAs and end users for User Acceptance (UAT) testing plans and execution.
· Serve as a central point of contact for all offshore QA resources, providing training and explanation of assignments.
· Ability to conduct effective Test case reviews..
· Perform regression testing to identify possible impacts that occur from anticipated changes.
· Develop strategy for automated testing to create a full regression suite for major applications.
· Establish and maintain documents outlining testing policies and procedures.
· Implement and influence consistent QA practices among all QA analysts.
· Serve as a mentor and trainer for GW QA team members.