Functional Safety Engineer
Location Troy, Michigan
Full time direct hire
No visas (No H1, No OPT..) Canadian TN accepted
The project Functional Safety Engineer (FSE) is responsible for performing assigned Functional Safety (FuSa) activities within the project, in accordance with FuSa methodology (based on ISO26262 Functional Safety Standard). Job reports to Project Functional Safety Manager (PFSM) and its PL FuSa Manager.
- Analyzes / defines functional safety requirements within the project based on Customer Requirements.
- Carries out design analysis to support the development of safety case arguments for safety related products.
- Supports integration of the safety activities in the development project.
- Creates / Contributes as necessary (planned) to hazard and risk analyses, safety plan, functional and technical safety concept.
- Specifies safety requirements and safety concepts for system / component.
- Supports the definition/specification of safety requirements for hardware and software architectures.
- Demonstrate how the chosen technical concept will comply with functional safety requirements.
- Collaborates with the design team in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level in compliance with ISO26262.
- Contributes in the product development process, by creating the appropriate work products that meet the requirements of the relevant functional safety standards.
- Supports Safety Assessment Reviews held by safety assessor.
- Leads or participates in safety analysis processes (e.g. FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, etc.)
- Supports the safety verification & validation activities.
- Supports customer review meetings.
- Tracks and documents for necessary safety activities within a project as planned.
- Cooperates with the PFSM and other FuSa resources in other sites or external contractors.
- Documents the safety activities allocated to him/her, establish evidence of FuSa for related documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics, Robotics or Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Functional Safety Engineering
- Strong understanding of Functional Safety Standard ISO26262 and Automotive Engineering principles.