Title: SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER - TEST EQUIPMENT
Location: California - Torrance
Duration: Full Time
The client is looking for a Software Design Engineer to develop Python software for factory test equipment. The test equipment falls into two categories: electronics assembly testing and hydraulic mechanical testing of flight-critical actuation systems. In this role, you will design, code, debug, and document software. This position is located at our aerospace plant in Torrance, CA.
As a Software Design Engineer, you’ll work on…
- Develop Python software for automated test equipment (ATE) following a process loosely based on DO-178B. Python software is developed according to requirements, and integrated and tested against the requirements. Software requirements, design and test results are placed under configuration control.
- Interface with the ATE using a hands-on approach.
- Delivery of executable software that meets performance requirements, as demonstrated by validating and verifying the software per recognized standards.
- Work independently and as part of a team of Software Engineers to troubleshoot test stand issues.
- Document and update software deployed on automated test stands.
- Delivery of other software work products (documentation) that meets contractual requirements.
- Report status to Project Leads during project execution.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Must have Python experience
- This job requires access to US export-controlled information
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Prefer that the Bachelor’s Degree is in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other scientific/technical discipline
- Experience with Automated Test Stands
- Mechanical and/or electrical knowledge in a hands-on lab environment
- Experience with dSpace and/or Labview software development/verification
- Experience using DOORS for requirements management
- Ability to integrate and debug software in a lab environment at the machine level
- Good technical writing skills
- Experience with verification and documentation of software deployed on automated test stands
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of assignments and look for ways to execute on time and on budget.
At we work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people, and it shows in everything we do. We’d like to invite you to become part of our continued success.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Python coding experience
Strong aptitude of mechanical and/or electrical equipment
Hands on/testing experience outside of pure software