Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Nebraska - Broken Bow
Duration: Full Time
Provides support to the Engineering and Production Department's activities by doing work which requires the application of Engineering knowledge and methods in the areas of equipment problems and preventative maintenance combined with technical skills.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in the innovation and design and construction of manufacturing equipment.
- Involvement in the direction of outside Engineering firms in the design and construction of equipment.
- Coordinates and provides support in the area of debugging of new equipment and may include validation support.
- Ensures that all equipment, processes and facilities meet the requirements of designated government regulations such as OSHA, GMP, FDA, EPA, etc.
- Troubleshoots problems with the manufacturing equipment of a mechanical and electrical nature.
- Coordinates communication between Division R&D and Plant personnel on new products, product improvements and product problems.
- Participates in Engineering and Production functions to achieve the overall objectives of the Plant.
- Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and client safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local client quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles. Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles. Responsible for the activities and programs as defined for this position in the Quality Systems Manual client Broken Bow.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- A two year associate’s degree in electrical or other related field is required.
- Preferred degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of fundamental principles of equipment design and of PLC based control systems. Experience in high speed automated manufacturing a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Manufacturing Technical Maintenance field is a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- May Supervise others as assigned by Engineering Manager