Job Title: SQL Data Architect/SME
Location: Fully Remote
Duration: 12+ Months
VIsa: USC, GC, H1B and EAD
Contract Type: W2
- 10+ years of extensive experience with SQL Servers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- SME Level experience with SQL database triage and issue resolution
- Experience optimizing/tuning stored procedures and functions
- Experience analyzing and modifying indexes to improve database performance
- Perform data profiling using SQL
- Prototype ETL transformation logic using Advanced SQL techniques
- Solid experience in SQL 2016/2019
General Requirement (MUST HAVE) applicable to both the positions:
- Review application database telemetry for issues and prioritize their resolution based on overall application impact
- Devise solutions to application database issues and deliver them individually or by working through others
- Maintain, backup/restore, and monitor any and all Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Assist system architecture teams with hardware, software, and configuration requirements.
- Provide ongoing database support in a multiple-cluster production environment.
- Help define database back-up & recovery strategy including archiving strategies.
- Provide input, as needed, to the development of business cases when enterprise-wide database solutions are proposed.
- Assist the technical application team with application-level SQL query design to ensure efficiency and performance within the SQL database.
- Develop and implement system and database performance monitoring processes.
- Analyze monitoring data for performance optimization opportunities.
- Manage the on-site backup and recovery process and / or support of the off-site backup strategy.
- Plan for and perform any required database upgrades and migration (patches, etc.).
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and procedures for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Assist the technical application team with database migrations and single data loads.
- Experience in SQL on laaS